foyer redo

 The reno of Sam's room has expanded into his foyer...or maybe it's the 'add-on to be gym' reno that's expanded into the foyer.  My many renos are colliding and merging!  I'll interpret that as a sign that they are coming to completion after 7 years - although I'm not sure I can ever be 'reno-free', I'm just too addicted!


We now have a sliding door in the foyer turning this small dark area into a light-filled open and inviting space with purpose and appeal - I love it - now I just need to add some beautiful decorative touches!

Here's our progress...removing the original door and opening the wall to create a frame...

foyer reno adding sliding door
such a bonus to be working with post and beam construction so only the door frame needs to be built without having to worry about extra beam support...
foyer reno framing sliding door
Having Sam and Ben helping makes the whole job fun...and their strong arms are a pretty big bonus too...
foyer reno adding sliding door
foyer reno adding sliding door
keep it steady...casual one arm stance while big brother oversees
foyer reno adding sliding door and gym
...not so pretty right now...add trim and a view transformation into a gym...
foyer reno framing sliding door
add some trim and a bit of clean-up inside...its getting there - can you see the vision yet?
foyer reno adding sliding door
wow, the beauty of it is starting to come through...with trim and finishing decor touches - I love it already!
I will add updates with the finishing touches soon...but in the meantime I'm cutting holes in the master bedroom wall to add a sliding door and deck to overlook the backyard - so exciting!

have a beautiful week!

xo

shelley











 


Comments