staircase reno

Finally, after seven years of contemplation, I’m bashing down the walls surrounding our staircase.  Of course, I just finished the wall treatment surrounding the doorway (above) and now am tearing it down!

…although, really, there is a good reason beyond satisfying my obsession for wall removal 😯 as this will provide a much better connection between our upper and lower living areas.

Beautiful construction mess…this is what my family patiently navigates in one room or another…seems normal, no?

shelley-goertz-stairwell-reno-farmhouse-open-living-decor-construction-


Pretty sure this look means ‘put down that camera, I need you to lend me some muscle’…although, really, I am enjoying myself immensely 🙂

shelley goertz stairwell renovation

Finally, wide open to the downstairs living area – I’m getting excited already!
shelley goertz stairwell renovation open plan

Now the big picture work is done, I need to power through my procrastination and figure out the railing…already I’ve heard a few “mom, I nearly stepped over the edge!”

(update! – almost finished…you can see my progress here)

 

have a beautiful week!

xo
shelley

Comments